Dee feeding the Llama in Bogota

Monday, May 9, 2011

Galapagos in a word - GO!

We've expounded paragraphs of text trying to express the virtues of Galapagos but today we'll sum up our  day at the beach.



- Pancake breakfast in a sunny courtyard followed by a trip to the best ice cream stand in South America (Sorry Phil and Liz it even beats Jauja...)

- 2.5k walk to the beach at Tortuga Bay in 85F heat ensures few visitors.  Walk among curious lizards and beautiful finches.

- Dee runs the mile long perfectly flat white sand beach while I walk in the waves among  a school of baby white tip sharks who dart between my legs.

- We walk among a half dozen marine iguana trodding across the sand is search of some shade.
- A blue footed booby - great name - gets close enough to nip at my toe while finches perch on our bags just inches away as if to say - take my picture already! -

- While I get ready to swim a 2 foot wide stingray sigs between my feet.
- Did I mention there is maybe 10 other people on the beach?
Amazing...

No comments: